| - a Wewelsburg wall clock
- a paper model of Himmler's SS Order Castle.
THIRD REICH INSULATOR RESCUED AT WEWELSBURG
A LARGE PART OF AN INSULATOR RESCUED FROM
THE THIRD REICH TRAIN STATION AT
This Third Reich insulator from Wewelsburg is offered for sale
for $125.00 delivered to any address in the continental USA.
We will be happy to ship abroad at additional cost. Please inquire.
Wewelsburg, a small village of the town of Büren in Paderbornland, Westfalia (Nord), Germany has for centuries been the site of a beautiful stone castle set atop a natural rock outcropping overlooking a wide green valley. It has a long and impressive history, accommodating Napoleon, the Prussians and countless religious leaders. On 27 July 1934 the Nazi Party signed a 100 year lease for the castle ruins and Wewelsburg became the site of the SS Ordensburg and Reichsführerschule.
Reichsführer-SS Heinrich Himmler spent enormous amounts of money on the restoration and conversion of Wewelsburg Castle. He even opened Konzentrationslager Wewelsburg-Niederhagen (a branch of the Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp near Berlin) nearby to create a labor pool to be used for the restoration.
Eventually, the castle was placed under the command of SS-General Siegfried Taubert and contained the SS Library of 12,000 volumes, a fine collection of art and the personal weapons collection of Heinrich Himmler.
Almost everybody that arrived at Wewelsburg Castle arrived at the two-story Wewelsburg railway station (shown below during the Third Reich and in the photo at the top of this web page in 2008).